16.6.08

Rock On!



So, We had our 1st adventure to the ER tonight and Colson is 3. All in All that's nothing to complain about when your son is Evil Knievel!

Mom picked Colson up today at preschool and when she got there, he was crying. The director came over and told her she still could not figure out what was wrong, so she sent my nephew Braden over to figure it out, still no answer. After mom and Colsie got to her house and he had cooled off, she saw a scrape under his eye. So, we assumed that is what the problem was.

Later on throughout the night, Colson would scream and cry when I would try to wipe his face and his nose. At this point, I had noticed his nose was a little drippy, but Jeremiah had been complaining about his sinuses, so surely that's whats going on with Colson.

As I am putting Cols in bed, I see him pick his nose and of course, I got on to him and told him that was nasty. His response: "Mom, I gotta get dis rock outta my nose, It's hurting me!" Naturally I panic. After making 3 different phone calls to my mom, my mother-in-law and Jeremiah, we knew we had to take him to the ER.

On the way to the ER, I asked Colson if he put a rock in his nose and his reply was "Yep, I put a rock in my nose at my preschool today." and when I asked "Why?", he said the obvious answer, "Because I Did!"After 10-15 minutes in the ER, I look up his nose and see the tip of a freaking ROCK! After begging him to blow his nose, countless bribes, including going to get ice cream at 11pm on a Monday night, the nurse went to get some tweezers and we were just going to hold him down and get it out, one way or another. While she was gone, I told Colson to blow one more time and when I saw that wasn't going to get it out, I plugged the other nostril and made him blow. And to our surprise, HERE COMES THE ROCK!!!

So...Here are a couple pictures of Before the ER and After the ER!

No comments: